Friday, March 5, 2010

Two Birds With One Stone.

This afternoon I went round to see Liz and used her scor-pal, I so want one but I don't know weather to go metric or imperial as I use both, I will need both I think but they will have to wait.
This is what I made.
It is called an Impossible Box, Paula Dobson has a great tutorial on her blog.
Thanks Paula, she saw it on someone blog and figured out how to make them. Paula is very talented SU Demo.

The lid is attached to the base, all in one box. This is for 2 challenges, the  on challenge NZSU site this week, I also made it in the colours for Just Add Ink Colour Challenge this week JAI#7
The bow was very easy to do. I layered So Saffron and Tempting Turquoise ribbon on top of each other. Then I got a small length of Tempting Turquoise ribbon, folded it to form a bow, then I tied a piece of Linen Thread around then all after that I attached it to the box using Sticky Strip.
Supplies List:
Stamp Set: For Everything ( summer Mini).
Card Stock: Gable Green and Tempting Turquoise.
Ink: Passion Pink and Tempting Turquoise.
Ribbon: So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise 1/4" Grosgrain and Linen Thread.

8 comments:

  1. Very nice Helen, might have to try this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous Helen my favourite stamp set in the Summer Mini too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I definitely have to try that box out. Wow - it works so well with these colours! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Helen. You have done a fantastic job of this! Guess I will have to do something else for the JAI challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely use of the colours. Must give this box a go sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen that is gorgeous...must do this box too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool box & great colour usage - TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't that just the coolest box .... well done it looks great and I love your 3 ribbon feature combined with the colour challenge .... love it!!!

    ReplyDelete