Monday, May 17, 2010

Second Entry In JAI#17

After seeing Delys tutorial on Brayering as part of the JAI blog hop, I had to use my brayer for the first time. It had arrived in my last order, I had been inspired by Michelle Zindorf, (she does the most amazing brayering and sponging) to buy my brayer. Her blog is a must visit blog, she has over 300 excellent tutorials.
So here is second entry for JAI#17
So here is my first attempt at brayering. The Tree is from Lovely as Trees Stamp Set.
Supplies List
Stamp Set: Lovely as Trees. 
Card Stock: Soft Suede, Kiwi Kiss, Very Vanilla and Whisper White.
Inks: Basic Black, Soft Suede, Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze, Night of Navy, Old Olive and Kiwi Kiss.
Extras: Brayer.
Here's the 2nd card using my brayer. For this card I used the tree from Thoughts and Prayers and the vines are from Vintage Vogue Stamp Sets, then I applied some Glue and sprinkled on Dazzling Diamonds on.
I'm very pleased with the effect and I will doing some more cards using my brayer it is a great technique.
Supplies List
Stamp Sets: Thoughts and Prayers and Vintage Vogue.
Card stock: Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point, Very Vanilla and Whisper white.
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze, Night Of Navy, Pacific Point and Brillant Blue.
Extras: Brayer, 2-way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds. 
Thanks Delys and Michelle for your Inspiration.
If you haven't had chance to do the Just Add Ink Blog Hop, I do recommend that you find the time there are some really great tutorials.

6 comments:

  1. Both of these cards are GORGEOUS! Good on you for trying the Brayer. I have yet to try that myself. Nice to see Lovely as a Tree getting a workout too, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow wow Helen ..these are both stunning. the first card reminds me of a South African landsape and a pride of lions under the tree.
    Good on you and you did good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Your brayering is beautiful. I really like your first card. It does capture that African landscape perfectly. You don't see that often with that stamp set. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both your cards are amazing. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both so beautiful! So much inspiration for brayering! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work with the brayer. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete