Sunday, December 5, 2010

Just Add Critters

This week challenge #46 at Just Add Ink is just add.... 
Critters.
I needed to make a Birthday and a gift.
So I decided to used the Aviary Stamp Set from the Summer Mini Catalogue.
This is a great stamp set, 9 stamps in the set, 4 bird cages, 4 birds, 1 of these is an Owl and a stand available in wood and clear mount.
I have braided the ribbon, I found a braided reef on Andrea Lowcock Blog she has a link to the You Tube Video. I had to have a go at it straight away, click here to view video.
I decided to not make it into a reef, so I weaved the ends back through the ribbon to finish it.
 For the gift I have made a Mini Magazine Box with Note Cards.
This was one of the We Stamp for Lara Tutorials designed by Madonna Dunn, go visit here blog here.
 This is so cute. I have used Rose Red, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise and Whisper White Card Stock.
 I have used Island Oasis DSP also from Summer Mini.
It has a real topical feel to it, the colours are stunning, Tempting Turquise, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Rose Red and Old Olive. I love the stripes in this DSP.
In the tutorial the note cards were 2" square cards, I changed mine to 3" square cards.

3 comments:

  1. Helen, this is GORGEOUS! I love it. I must get that Aviary set - esp now having seen your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the braid you've made. So cool.
    Great set of cards with new dsp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome little set of cards. Thanks for reminding me about that great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete