Monday, May 16, 2011

Jeanne's 70th Birthday

My friend Jeanne celebrated her 70th just over a week ago.
It coincided with the flood in my craft room so as a result here card and pressie were a bit late.
Last week a lot of Demos attended convention in Melbourne Australia, I was unable to attend.
So instead I attended Unconvention at ESAD (Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators) and online community for demos from NZ/Aust.
It was great fun about every 2 hours for 3 days there were challenges, scavenger hunts, recipe swap and lots of chats etc.
 Lots a fun had by all.
Thursday there was Sketch Challenge.
This challenge was set by Carole Stedman and this was here card.
Here's my card I made with Jeanne in mind.
 I have used the Faux Linen Technique with 'Nature Walk' (Autumn- Winter Mini) and Priceless Stamp Sets.
 I love doing this technique, if you would like to learn it contact me to organise a workshop for you and some friends.
 I have used Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake and Glossy White Card Stock.
I have embossed the Crumb Cake Card Stock.
Here's the inside which I sponged with Soft Suede darkly them sanded it with sanding blocks.
I used Stazon Black, Soft Suede and Early Espressso Inks.
I will be back tomorrow with Jeanne's Pressie.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card and techniques Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lordy what a stunner of a card Helen. I love it to bits!! Snaps to you too...as I am trying faux silk for the fist time too....the glue is drying as I type!!! I keep going back to ur card for repeated looks..LOL. GORJUS!! ooxx

    ReplyDelete