Saturday, June 16, 2012

Going Green and DSP Challenge

Pin It
Hi all.
I hope you all had a great week and are enjoying your weekend.
We have had a great week here in Timaru.
All 3 kids are playing hockey this year, so we are at the turf a fair bit, rugged up warm to watch their games.
Savannah is also playing netball and played to 2 games today.
On Tuesday, I ticked of soap making of my list of things to do.
I have been talking about making it for so long.
 Here's the soap curing in our hot water cylinder cupboard.
I made a plain Castile Soap, I used Mel's recipe from Frugal Kiwi Blog, go check out her blog HERE.
I used my silicone muffin forms as moulds and made 23 bars of soap.
I just have to be patient (not one of my strong points) and let it cure for about 6 weeks.
Next on my list to do is Shampoo Bars, Mel has a recipe for these too, and a number of my pins from my Soaps, Scrubs and Cleaners Pinterest Board.
The other thing I bottled today is my new Lemon and White Vinegar spray Cleaner.
I found a use for Lemon skins after you have used them for juice etc.
I found it online somewhere.
After you have used your lemons place the skins in jars and cover with White Vinegar for at least 2 weeks (mine had been steeping for 5 weeks).
After the 2 weeks strain and bottle the Lemon Vinegar.
This is concentrated, so use it 50/50 with water.
I put it into an old spray bottle.
I even got carried away and cleaned my stove top, it cut through the grease no problem.
A winner in my book, and so easy to make.
Here is the card I made for the DSP Challenge at unconvention.
We were challenged to used 3 different DSPs, do you know how difficult that is to do.
I used Brights Paper stack, Big Top Birthday and Just Add Cake.

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely Helen. So bright and vibrant and entices me to want to make a pin wheel. TFS ♥

    ReplyDelete