Saturday, February 22, 2014

Happy birthday Dad

Today is Dad's Birthday.
This weeks challenge at JAI #203 Just add a sketch.
 When I saw it, I though of the Apothecary Framelits.
Then I was thinking about colours, then remembered I still need to make Dad's birthday card.
The combo colour is Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Sahara Sand and Very Vanilla.
I used Early Espresso Core'dinations Card Stock with the Stripes Embossing folder after running it through the Big Shot I sanded it with the Stampin' Sanding System, the inside Early Espresso Core'dinations is the same.
The stamp is a Sale-A-Bration Stamp Set 'See Ya Later', spend $110 and get me free.
The banner is Craze, I inked the Striped Embossing Folder with Early Espresso Ink then ran it through the Big Shot.
It shifted in the folder before running it through but I love the affect.
To finish the punched 2 3/8" circles, which is 1 of the 3 in the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.
I glued them on the sentiment, then added Cajun Craze Candy Dots on top.
I hope you are enjoying your Saturday it is very hot here in Christchurch we are heading for the beach soon.

5 comments:

  1. The effect you've achieved on the banner is fantastic, Helen. I love the distressed stripey panel, and your choice of colours, on this card. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, this is a beauty! Great layering and embossing technique and perfect for a masculine card, l'm sure your dad will love it! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific masculine card and I bet your dad just loves it. Love the sanding and sponging you've used on your card Helen. Thanks for joining the challenge fun at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the stripey textures you added to this great masculine card Helen. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful man card - great man colours and great shapes. Love the sanded card. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete